Since the last over 10 years, I have been imparting English Language skills to underprivileged children.
I am currently managing the affairs of One Billion Literates Foundation (OBLF) as its Director, on a volunteer basis.
- OBLF – a Registered Charitable Trust, was founded in 2010, with 80G exemption.
- Goal - To enable underprivileged children to gain meaningful employment on reaching adulthood.
- Path - Teaching English and computer skills to children of Rural Government Primary schools.
- Strategy– To train and employ Rural women from the same communities to impart the above skills.
- Impact – We impact over 1000 children in 25 rural government primary schools.
- Modus Operandi-
- Sign MOU with State Education Department.
- Adopt Rural Govt. Primary schools with available infrastructure.
- Involve community through employment of local women.
- USP - Cost per child only Rs.3K p.a. & Management costs well under 5 %.
- Measurable Outcomes of the impact of our intervention.
- Goal – To impact about 2500 children next academic year.
- Expenses you can sponsor
- Adopting existing school for 1 semester - 50,000
- Rural Coordinator’s annual salary 30,000
- One new laptop 25,000
- Rural Coordinator’s salary for 1 semester 15,000
- Annual training for 3 rural children 9,000
- Annual training for 2 rural children 6,000
I look forward to your support.