Taking issues in relation to persons with disabilities from grass root to policy level.
Work and Achievements
AARTH-ASTHA (Registered Name: ASTHA) is one of the few cross-disability NGOs working with children and persons with disabilities irrespective of the type and severity of disability.
- Community Based Rehabilitation
- Disability Information Resource Centre
- Resource centre for children with disabilities for school readiness
- Inclusive Child Right Centres
- National Disability Helpline
- Life Skill training programme for young adults with disabilities
- Successfully advocated & included disability concerns in the national and international platforms
- Successfully established three strong community groups as agents of change–Viklang Ekta Manch (Young adults with disability) & Chingari Mahila Samiti ( Womens’ group) and Parents Support Group
- Enabled around 150 children with disabilities from our communities at Lalkuan & Govindpuri (urban slums of South Delhi) to access inclusive education
- Published toolkits for understanding disability laws and various training modules & reports on disability. Some information materials are available in Braille as well
- Successfully running a National Disability Helpline
- Trained grass root level persons of various organizations in different states of India in relation to understanding and working with children and persons with disabilities.
Fund Utilisation Statement
The funds will be utilized for supporting rehabilitation, Early Intervention, inclusive education of children with disabilities.