Vidya & Child – A Project under Jayaprakash Narayan Memorial Trust
Vidya & Child works in marginalised communities, exploring the unique potential in each child by providing opportunities for value integrated learning and development.
Work and Achievements
Provide value-based integrated education to first-generation learners from low-income families for holistic development.
- Admissions: Initiation of first generation learners into the education process.
- Curriculum: Value integrated curriculum which connects with the child's need and context.
To create a sense of shared responsibility, motivate parents and internalize the support needed for the education process of a child through school and beyond.
- Parent Teacher Meetings
- Home Visits
To provide opportunities through which a child can engage through the life skills curriculum to make responsible choices.
- Value based life skills classes and workshops integrated across age groups
Provide opportunities for creative exploration in the Arts that can help the child identify the creative potential within
- Arts & Performing Arts classes integrated across age groups
- Equal representation of the number of boys and girls in the centre- Parent sensitization through intensive parent programme ensured that they send their daughters also to school to study & learn.
- Less than 5% drop-out rate as a result of regular work with children, parents and teachers.
- High Parent Involvement
- Repeated dialogues, workshops and sessions with the parent have resulted in – very low dropout rates, high PTM attendance of parents, very high children attendance.
- Helping Children find their Uniqueness within through our Child wise Work - Exposure to multiple Creative fields and Orientation to Life Skills
Fund Utilisation Statement
School Programme - Schools for Nursery to Class 8 with an integrated value based academics and art curriculum and a strong focus on child wise learning