Cancer has become the new cold, a deadly disease it is targeting and killing people across age groups. The disease apart from being physically, is financially and emotionally very taxing.
My Airtel Half Marathon Run is centered on this cause with Yoddhas, an NGO working in this field.
Yoddhas,India’s first online support network for Cancer patients since 2014 started by blood cancer Fighter, Mr. Rahul Yadav at a young age of 28. His passion for educating people & supporting fighters was way bigger than the needles, wires or medicines.
Yoddhas is a forum for all the brave Indians fighting against Cancer with trusted source of information and support. In the time of increasing number of patients being effected with Cancer, the key focus areas:-
1. Providing a platform for patients/ caregivers/ doctors to connect & assist.
2. Organise patient support group meets where fighters & survivors come forward
3. Promote awareness amongst the youth about cancer
4. Promote awareness about stem cell donors, a lot of Indians suffer because they are unable to find suitable donor.
5. Provide financial support to patients for their treatment
The funds raised this year would be used for above mentioned activities.
Accolades for Yoddhas:
1. UNESCO Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship 2014- People’s choice award winner
2. ISB’s i-Diya top 22 social ventures
3. Entrepreneur India 2018 Community Building award for the Founder.