Pragati focus on providing quality primary education to under privileged children residing in urban slums of Gurgaon.
Work and Achievements
The Pragati School’s primary objective is to foster a learning environment and provide quality education to its students to ensure their overall development enabling them to make better choices in life. Pragati’s USP: It is a ‘walk in’ school with an open door policy. Identification papers, previous education records are not mandatory and its doors are open to children of all ages and backgrounds. Pragati, today, has approximately 400 students on its roll and located in 3 school Buildings.
- Quality education upto Class 5
- Supplements the mid day meal with milk fruit and egg
- Computer Literacy
- Coaching for class 5 students for placements in prestigious schools by
- Special English conversation classes
- Art/craft classes
- Educational trips
- Annual Day, Sports Day etc
- Weekly visit by a doctor and counselor
- A safe environment to the children with support, supervision and compassion.
- Student drop-out ratio decreased from 20% to 13%
- Today almost 100% students continue education after 5<sup>th</sup> standar MINDSET CHANGE OF PARENTS THROUGH COUNSELLING
- Parents’ attendance in PTA has improved from 15% to 90%
- Improved girl: boy ratio from 30:70 to 40:60
- Moving forward to zero tolerance zone towards violence through value based education
Fund Utilisation Statement
Funds will be utilizes in providing infrastructure,giving teachers salary and it serve a corpus fund for Pragati.