Meenakshi Mission Hospital And Research Centre
Disease prevention, Research, Treatment, Health education to general public & world class care within everybody’s reach
Work and Achievements
Meenakshi Mission Hospital and Research Centre is a not-for-profit healthcare institution, based in Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India. It is registered under Indian trust act in the name of S.R.Trust (regd no: 291/85).
The hospital has 800+ beds with more than 52 multi-speciality departments. So far, we have treated over 1 million patients. Being a mission hospital, we undertake a number of charitable schemes like free food scheme, free treatment for children with cancer, hospice care, telemedicine, Mobile Hospital etc.
30 years Achievements:
- Free food - 2.8 lakhs inpatients
- Free Medicines - 4,84,525
- Free blindness prevention treatment - 1.20 crore children.
- Blood Units - 3 lakhs
- Free family planning operations - 30,579
- Free HIV counselling and testing - 25,996
- Free Cataract Surgeries - 30,482
- Free Cleft lip / Palate surgeries - 12235
- Free tuberculosis testing - 21332
- Free Medical Camps - 6,007
- Telemedicine services - 1,55,000
- Cardiac Surgery - 186
- Children with cancer & other blood disorders - 1900
- Hospice Care - 1190
- Palliative Care Service - 11252
- Lysosomal Storage Disorder (LSD) – Rare Disease Project - 48
- Emergency Services: Nepal Earthquake Disaster & Chennai Flood: Around 1,50,000 people benefitted.
Fund Utilisation Statement
To provide free treatment for Children with Cancer