Works with vulnerable children, women, youth and empower them to lead a life of hope, self-worth and dignity, by providing education, improving public health and promoting skill development
Work and Achievements
In the beginning the aim of Reaching Hand was to work for the needy and deprived children by providing them scholarships. Now the organization has extended its vision and work for development of children, youth and women by providing care, skill training and support to become part of main stream
Our programs are designed to contribute towards achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), to end poverty, provide universal education, child health and maternal health.
Programs of Reaching Hand
- Girls Glory – A Water, Sanitation & Hygiene Program (WASH) - addressing the grave issue of school dropout in girls by building & renovating toilets, providing safe and clean sanitation facility for the girls.
- New Home – A Child Protection and Care Center Reaching Hands Child Care and protection Centre currently caters to 55 Children (27 girls + 28 boys).
- Namma Shale – My School - program to improve the quality education by providing training to teachers- students and by developing infrastructure facilities of the school.
- Prathishtha - A Skill Training & Placement Center that supports vulnerable youths, especially young women from under privileged families or communities to be able to chase their dreams by helping them acquire employability and 21st century skills through blended learning methods through:
- A-Planet First - An Eco friendly Paper and Cloth (PAC) bag manufacturing and training. This manufactures eco-friendly retail bags to reduce the use of plastic.
- Steer to Change- A Woman Driving Skill Training Program - employment for poor and marginalized women by equipping them with driving skills and encouraging them to become cab drivers and chauffeurs..
- Spoothri – An Integrated Training Program in School that equips schools with a computer lab, computers along with coaching classes, life skills and soft skills classes, trained teachers, and time for students to use the lab for their studies and aspirations.
Fund Utilisation Statement
To bring about substantial change in the lives of orphans & vulnerable children by providing them the most basic needs of nutritious food, safe shelter, healthcare facilities and education.