To inspire hope by providing an environment that fosters holistic transformation; enabling people affected by disability to experience Abundant Life—to reach their highest potential for which God created them.
Work and Achievements
Focusing on all-round support and empowerment of people with disabilities, the projects of proVISION ASIA are:
MOBILITY | DISABILITY AWARENESS | MITHRA SPECIAL SCHOOL | SPORTS INCLUSION | empowHER | PLAYGROUP | REHABILITATION CENTRE | FRIENDSHIP CIRCLE | PRISON PROJECT | ADVOCACY | JOB PLACEMENT
Highlights of these focus areas are:
1. proVISION ASIA provides mobility aids such as wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, canes and blind sticks. Monthly mobility distributions are hosted in rural and urban areas across Karnataka. The aids are specialized to fit specific disabilities.
2. Brings independence to children with disabilities with a balance of academics, social, physical, aesthetic and spiritual growth.
3. Provides training on sports management and physical wellness; enables participation in local marathons and athletics events.
4. Provides quality education to women affected by disability, so that they can get a job.Also placed people in companies such as G4, Vindhya Infomedia, Hatti Kappi and various data entry offices and manufacturing units in Bangalore.
5. Saturday playgroups encourage children with disabilities and their families come to hear stories, sing songs, and make crafts. Parents meet other parents, as well as interact with our staff for counseling and medical advice.
6. Providing disability assessment, pain management, gait training, neuro development, mobilizations, strengthening exercises, manipulative therapy, electrotherapy, exercises, counseling, and caretaker training.
7. Second hand, top-of-the-line wheelchairs collected and sent by Joni and Friends International Disability Center, U.S.A. are refurbished by the inmates of Bangalore Central Prison to a like-new condition, and distributed locally. Inmates, once deemed as outcasts in society now have found purpose.
Fund Utilisation Statement
For the Welfare of the People with Disabilities (For Mobility aids)