Sangati is an initiative to improve accessibility, mobility, inclusivity and visibility of persons with disabilities in India
Work and Achievements
Sangati was initiated with the vision of transforming India into a disabled friendly nation. We aim specifically at increasing accessibility, inclusivity, mobility and visibility for people with disabilities in India.
As one of our unique projects we have recently launched a multi-lingual Toll-free Helpline for providing assistance and guidance via calls and texts to anyone seeking the same about disabilities and all the related issues. We aim to extend this into a 24x7 LIVE helpline including as many areas in this spectrum as we intend to include mental health and invisible disabilities.
Sangati has the following specific goals
- Creating a collaborative platform for all NGOs working in this segment, for information dissemination, as a marketplace for devices and technologies and as a single-stop problem resolution space
- Advocacy and sensitisation towards issues and needs of people with disabilities
- Community building, bringing together different stake holders on shared platform(s)
- Gathering opinions, insights, solutions in matters related to accessibility
- Dispensing useful information available to general public
- Capacity building through trainings, design solutions and involved efforts like public campaigns, workshops and events
- Making travel, participation in social activities, performing professional duties easy and accessible for people with disabilities
- Initiating Survey, Audits, Identification of accessibility arrangements of public places and digital spaces
Fund Utilisation Statement
Funds would be utilised to increase outreach, provide folding ramps, QR Boards and portable accessible toilets to convert public places to accessible ones.