To work for the cause and care of disadvantaged older persons and to improve their quality of life.
Work and Achievements
HelpAge India is a leading, secular, national level NGO registered in 1978 under the Societies' Registration Act of 1860. HelpAge works to protect the rights of India's elderly and provide relief to them through nationwide interventions, so as to enable them to live better and healthier lives.
Some of HelpAge India’s Key Programmes are:
- Free essential healthcare to elders & the communities, they live in, via Mobile Medicare Units.
- Restoration of vision through free Cataract Surgeries and Refractive Glasses.
- Other healthcare initiatives: physiotherapy, palliative care, disability aids, Alzheimer treatment
- Support a Gran, which provides for the basic and financial needs of destitute elderly.
- Wellness and fitness for senior citizens through AgeCare initiatives.
- Fighting elder abuse and neglect.
- Advocacy for elder rights and entitlements at the National and Societal levels.
- Empowerment of Senior Citizens Associations and Elder Self Help Groups.
- Social protection through shelters, elder help-lines, etc.
- Livelihood and Income Generation Programmes
- Disaster relief interventions.
For FCRA contribution please Click here
Fund Utilisation Statement
All funds raised from ADHM 2019 shall be used for the cause and care of India’s poor and needy elders.