Amici Di Raoul Follereau - AIFO
AIFO is commited to enhancing the quality of life for people affected by Leprosy and disabilities.
Work and Achievements
AIFO’s vision is to achieve ‘an inclusive society of sharing love’. This is ensured through medical, socio economic and inclusive developmental programs to enhance the quality of life for people affected by leprosy and with disabilities mainly in North Eastern States of India.
AIFO India is National Leprosy Eradication Program (NLEP) partner of Government of India for North East states and Karnataka and is committed to achieve a leprosy-free world.
Main Achievements since establishment:
Leprosy Eradication Programme: Over the last 5 years alone
- Detected and treated 67000 people affected by leprosy in last five years.
- 16,863 persons with disabilities due to leprosy improved their independent mobility through physiotherapy services.
- A total of 20,336 persons with disabilities due to leprosy provided with MCR footwear.
Community based inclusive development program for Persons with disabilities: Over the last 10 years.
- Achieved the medical and socio economic rehabilitation of 79,202 persons with disabilities.
- Established 961 SHGs with 15,990 members across 6 states
- Developed and strengthened 83 Disabled people’s organizations (DPO) with 5,732 members across 6 states
Rural women empowerment program:
- Over the period of ten years, AIFO Achieved the formation and development of 198 SHGs with tribal women in Assam state. Reference Assam women empowerment project reports.
- 80% of these SHGs have been self-sustained and federated.
- The women SHG’s has successfully redeemed 200 acres of mortgaged agricultural land.
Fund Utilisation Statement
Leprosy disease control, prevention of transmission to public, averting disability & consequences and healthcare for leprosy affected population living in remote & isolated geographical region of North Eastern states.