Loreto Rainbow Homes Foundation
Focus is on non-custodial, Comprehensive care and protection of the girl children formerly on the street.
Work and Achievements
Since 1998, Loreto Rainbow Homes secures the basic rights of vulnerable girl children on the streets of Kolkata and Howrah Municipality. Through the Rainbow Home Programme it provides non-custodial, comprehensive care and protection of the children i.e. guaranteed education, nutrition, clothing, health care, recreation, love and support to ensure their reintegration into mainstream society. We create a child friendly atmosphere at every home. Our children live together with fun, enjoy their learning in groups and solidarity. At present in Kolkata we have five Rainbow Homes that providing continuous support to approx 600 girls who formerly lived on the streets.
Glimpse of the year 2018-19
- 22 girls appeared in the H.S examination and all passed with good marks. Among them two passed with distinction securing 70% and 92%.
- 3 girls from Rainbow Home, Elliot Road, Kolkata participated in Keleri-pattu National Level Karate Championship Competition. Two girls received Silver medal and one of them got opportunity to become a trainer, while another girl received gold medal.
- 12 children received Udaan scholarship for their higher studies.
- 100 girl children successfully completed spoken english course from Brainware.
- 35 girl children enrolled in professional courses of the NSHM (National School for Higher Management) such as Beautician, Retail Management and Hospitality.
- 3 girl children are admitted in ITI diploma Course in Electronics Mechanics.
- 4 girls from Loreto Rainbow Home Sealdah appeared for national throwball match at Ernakulam, Kerala.
- 36 girls appeared for Madhyamik Examination in 2019 and all passed with wonderful marks, now enrolled successfully for classes XI and XII in well known reputed schools.
- 31 girls Appeared for Higher Secondary Exams 2019 wherein 1 scored an 80%, 4 achieved above 70% and rest too passed with good marks
Fund Utilisation Statement
To meet every day’s basic needs such as food, cloths, toiletries and to provide uninterrupted education support of the girl children of our homes.