APD - The Association of People with Disability
To develop a culture and ecosystem where people with disability can earn, live and sustain with dignity and respect.
Work and Achievements
The Association of People with Disability (APD), a grass root non-governmental organization which works in the rural communities, has been pioneering the cause of helping Persons with Disability since 1959.
Our aim is to empower persons with disability to become active, contributing members of society. At any given time, through its wide-ranging institutional and district development programs, APD reaches out to around 30,000 persons with disability annually. APD as a leader in this sector is focused on building an eco-system by enhancing the capacities of NGO partners, government officials, care-givers and other Stakeholders.
APD follows a Life cycle approach and the Key Programs are:
- Early Intervention and Early Education for 0-6 years of age
- Inclusive Education for 6-18 years of age
- Vocational Training & Livelihood across Karnataka for 18-35 years of age
- Spinal Cord Injury across Karnataka with 3 Centres for Rehabilitation across all ages
- Community Mental Health Programme
- Physical & Social Rehabilitation and Policy Advocacy
Our Mission: Nurture an inclusive ecosystem and empower people with disabilities with access to comprehensive rehabilitation services, rights, entitlements, equal opportunities, and dignity through a lifecycle approach.
Fund Utilisation Statement
To empower children and youth with disability through rehabilitation, education support, skill training, employment support and policy advocacy.