To educate and empower underprivileged children from the urban migrants' community.
Work and Achievements
Ashankura works with migrant families educating and empowering children. Our activities and programs have been -
Children's school enrolment campaign; Motivating parents in the community to send their children to school; Information on the right to education (RTE) with help to file online application; Conducting medical camps; Enabling health and clean environment to the children and community; Providing information on various issues & labour welfare schemes; Note books distribution; Drug - Legal - Environment awareness programs and Access to basic amenities.
- Most children in Ashankura migrants settelements go to school as a result of our enrolment campaigns and motivation to parents in the migrants community. Last year around 50 children who had dropped out /discontinued from main school education have been supported to rejoin the school.
- Ashankura helped 9 children to get RTE seats in private school.
- We collaborated with education department to start tent school and anganavadis.
- We have conducted 14 medical camps reaching 860 community people.
- Around 520 labourers received age certificates.
- In last 2 years 1200 people have accessed social security benefits such as health, accidental, marriage and education
- We conducted Tuberculosis prevention and care awareness campaign in 26 migrants settlements with over 1400 participants. 42 suspected TB cases identified and tested at government center. 18 people found TB positive were helped to get treatment and were fully cured from TB.
- Note books for 40 school children in krisnappa garden and tubarahalli tents.
- Helped Krishnappa garden community to get drinking water from BBMP
Fund Utilisation Statement
Enable and empower the urban homeless, migrants family’s children and youth to engage in mainstream education, vocational training and other co-curricular activities. Enhance their capacities to have better living conditions through accessing the government schemes and other benefits.