CherYsh brings learning, skills and livelihood opportunities closer to home for rural girl children and women in the villages of Haliyal in North Karnataka.
CherYsh is a registered non-profit organization that that strives to enhance learning avenues for girl children, and livelihood opportunities for resource-poor women in rural India.
Vision: To transform the rural girl child’s life from early learning to sustainable livelihood.
Mission: To nurture the holistic development of rural girl children and women into economic self-sufficiency through knowledge, skills, and tools.
Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Transparency, Inclusivity
The CherYsh framework for change relies on systemic interventions to improve the quality of living for girls and women in rural India. The framework captures three dimensions of a girl’s journey from Learning to Livelihood. CherYsh implements programs along these three dimensions - early learning (EDUCATE), skills and vocational training (PREPARE), and livelihoods (SECURE).
In 2015-16 CherYsh began direct implementation of the Shiksha and Community Kitchen projects, and between, 2015-2019 CherYsh made the following impact in the rural and remote villages of Haliyal :
• Nurtured all round development of more than 1000 children through academics, sports, arts and nutritious snack
• Augmented learning support in 26 villages
• Enabled more than 1000 children build a strong foundation in English language
• 98% of Shiksha children show good health parameters
• Enhanced comprehension and visualization through e-learning aids
• 37 young women have transformed into confident educators through LF Programme
• 100 women have regular livelihood and enhanced respect in the community