Sangama is a developmental organization focused on overall development of working class sexual and gender minorities in Karnataka
Work and Achievements
- Played a central role in changing social attitudes in favour of sexual and gender minorities in Karnataka
- Systematic engagement with Judiciary, Elected Representatives, Media and Civil Society has resulted in reduction in police violence, positive media
- Our telephone helpline based crisis intervention model was recognised as a best practice model to be replicated across the country by NACO
- With the Govt. of Kerala - was involved in drafted the first Transgender Policy, conducted survey among transgender persons which resulted in forming the
- Karnataka was the second state in initiating welfare schemes for gender minorities with support from across the political spectrum due to Sangama’s efforts
- Sangama has recently been awarded the Bengaluru NGO leadership award for the year 2018 by National CSR Congress.
- Provided Health Services, crisis intervention support and community mobilization to 80,000 gender and sexual minorities I 34 districts of Kerala and Karnataka I 2010 to 2015
- Working with 3,700 gender and sexual minorities in Karnataka.
Fund Utilisation Statement
Dignified livelihoods for transgender persons in Rural Karnataka